Post Circuit Breaker Reflection 02.06.2020



Today marks the first day after Circuit Breaker (CB). 

For the past 2 months since 8th April, life will never be the same anymore. 

This 2 months had been an eye opener for me. From home base learning to working from home. From feeling unsure and fearful to getting ready for the new norm.

Below are my thoughts and reflections about this CB Journey. Let's go

Changes in routine 

On the first day of CB, back to centre to take care of kids. As cases getting more and more each day, changes to daily routines also sets in. From daily work to going back once or twice a week. 
As for my ACEY, initially my group of Makan Kakis can still meet at school, but change to online learning via Microsoft Teams. Even though it was an interesting approach to learning, my class 0519-ACEYS-P-1, misses the time when we were at Paya Lebar.

When working from home,  I started a new discipline to wake up early initially at around 5am, but lately couldn't maintain this habit. I will restart this discipline again during weekends. 

I was asked to do online research on Father's and Mother's Day craft, Sensory Bottles or bags, writing lesson plans,  creating PowerPoint for topics like communication, Teamwork, Classroom Decorations,  Homebase learning,  etc... ...

When waking up early, I restarted my passion in making breakfast.  From fishball noodles to sandwiches, wraps, kuehs and bentoes, I tried them all. 



End of Circuit Breaker 

As the CB approaches the end, all child care teachers were asked to go for swabbing. Feelings of fear and uncertainty came upon me.  Will it be painful and uncomfortable? Will I be tested positive? The day came and I went to NYP for the swabbing. The waiting time was not long and in less than 30 minutes,  the whole process ended. Here comes the waiting for the results, as I waited for a period of 48hours. Thank God,  our centre staff were all tested negative and we are safe to come back to work.

Due to this pandemic and getting ready for 2nd June, my class teachers began to tidy up our classroom so that it will be a conducive and safe place for all children. 

Love for Japan 

Though this year, I might not have the chance to travel to Japan, my love and concern for this country never cease.
Thanks to technology,  we can still contact each other via social media and online. 


Summary
This Circuit Breaker has indeed helped me to become a better person by training me up to become a more confident and flexible person in the way I see things. 

As I enter Phase 1, let me continue to improve on what I need to improve and be a blessing in my family, marketplace and ministry. 

Jia you



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life of an international student in Sendai 仙台での留学生生活

Moving to Japan Timeline

Dad's Home Coming