Staycation with Mum at Fullerton Hotel Suingapore Day 1 (12th May 2021)


Down by the Singapore River is the well known Fullerton Hotel. Situated next to the Cavenagh Bridge is my ideal destination for staycation this year to celebrate Mum's birthday and Mothers Day.
 
Carefully planned over the months, just to bring a smile to mummy is my ultimate goal that I want to achieve for this staycation.
 
Packing up and on the go to our ideal destination for staycation, life's simple pleasure as me and mum took bus and train to Fullerton Hotel. Bus to Hougang Mrt along Northeast line to Clarke Quay station and walked over to Fullerton Hotel.
 
Check in was fast and easy.
Lobby Staff took our luggages and lead us to the check in counter. 
Front desk staff was quick , efficient and helpful.
A Spa teddy bear was given to mum as a complimentary gift for the stay.
Finally we were checked in to our Quay room at level 7.

Upon entering the room, a pleasant surprise awaits mum.
Room was decorated with balloons to celebrate Mum's birthday.
Mum was surprised by the arrangement and she enjoyed the moment.
Room was spacious and I only videoed the room details. (I forgotten the bathroom area as there are other videos that featured this aspect already). Let's take a look:



After taking the video, I started to unpack our luggages. 
As there are sometime before lunch, I decided to have some me time and started to paint on my DIY notebooks. 

At around 1pm, we exited the room to head out for lunch. Though our initial plan was Lau Pa Sat, the idea was scrapped as the skies turned dark. We walked to Clarke  Quay and purchased my lunch at Donki (Bento with Karaage, Takoyaki, Gyoza, Ladyfinger and Bamboo Shots Pickles).

After having lunch at Donki, flower delivery staff called to arrange for Mum's birthday surprise. Hotel concierge staff called in too, to confirm delivery location.

After returning back to the hotel, I brought mum to explore the hotel and its vicinity. After walking back from the Marina Bay area, the hotel staff placed a piece of birthday cake on the writing table to wish her happy birthday. Mum enjoyed and shared the cake with me and I resumed my watercolor painting till around 5pm. I started to create a video for national day with the song "Home". Plans did not out as what i expected to be =( .

At around 6.45pm, me and mum exited our room and head to Jade restaurant for dinner and the next surprise entails for mum.


Jade restaurant prepared a wonderful and memorable dinner for me and mum. Jade's service was recommendable as they went the extra mile to check in with me before our arrival. The chef's cooking was simply awesome too. Staff Alson's service was excellent too. He went the extra mile to prepare another piece of chocolate cake for my Mum's birthday. He also took a photograph for me and mum to commemorate the occasion. 

After exited Jade, I brought mum to the heritage gallery and other levels of the hotel as I recce for my swim the next day morning.  After a long walk, we decided to head back to room to rest for the night.
After returning back to the room, Jade restaurant staff Alson called in and wanted to give us the photo that we took at the restaurant. Mum and I were surprised by their kind thoughts.

 

As mum went to shower, I prepared the next surprise for her on bed and capture the moment for the night with her before we lay down our heads. As the night turns darker, I greeted mum good night and that ends our first day at Fullerton Hotel. 
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life of an international student in Sendai 仙台での留学生生活

Moving to Japan Timeline

Dad's Home Coming