Staycation with Mum at Fullerton Hotel Suingapore Day 2 (13th May 2021)

Today marks the last day of the staycation. I seize the moment to make my life with mum a memorable one.
 

Rise and shine to a wonderful morning at 5am. I woke up in anticipation to watch the morning sun.

I get ready to go for my morning swim at the pool. I washed up and dressed up for my 7am swim.

 

 
When I enter the swimming pool area, I was all by myself. The sun was gradually dawning and I captured the moment. I enjoyed the warmth of the morning sun and started to swim to refresh myself for the day. 
Though I only swam 3 laps, I was fully recharged for the day as I head back to room and get ready for breakfast.
 
 
Off we go to our breakfast area at Town. Breakfast ranges from western courses to Chinese styles. 
The waitresses welcomed us and a basket filled with Danish pastries was laid before us.
I choose Dim Sum set for mum and I had scrambled eggs set with fruits.
Mum's set consists of steamed chicken char siew bun, siew mais, glutinous rice and she shared some of her food with me. Both of us also have cereal and muesli. 

 




After breakfast, we were so full and decided to go back to the room to finalize our packing while waiting for the monument tour at 10am.

After packing, at around 9.45am, we head down to the concierge for our final event of the day, "Fullerton Heritage Tour". While waiting, we walked around the concierge and took some final photos before our departure. I went to the front desk to pass my letter of appreciation to the staff. 


After the waiting, the tour guide welcomed us to the tour and we started to get to know more about Fullerton Hotel's history. He mentioned to us that the General Post Office (GPO) was built in 1928 and  the counter was from the courtyard door till all the way to Jade restaurant area. He also brought us to the Heritage Gallery to tell us who are the ministers and presidents that worked in the Former Ministry of Finance at level 2, 6 and 7. Then he brought us to the basement area where all the letters were formerly sorted accordingly to different countries. Then we met the family of 3 who missed the initial tour at the basement. We waited for them for a while at the exit to Raffles Place Mrt Area. The tour guide told us that before WW2 , there were 59 lion crest that was situated around the GPO but now only left with 3 and the rest was bombed. During WW2, the hotel was also used as a hospital. He led us to a circle that signifies that Fullerton hotel was marked as Mile Zero which indicates all the road distances in Singapore. 

The tour guide also shows us a side entrance where British can enter privately to the Straits Club at Level 4. He brought us to the place where the lorries were parked when the letters enter the GPO. He also told us the places where Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew and his wife stood during the speech for Polling Day and where Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong stood during his times as mp for Ang Mo Kio. He brought us to level 4 to view the Straits Club Room where formerly only rich British bosses can enter and enjoy the facilities such as library and billiard games. Finally, he led us back to level 1 and told us  where he showed us a Lego replica of Fullerton Hotel  that was constructed in commemorating her 90th anniversary in 2018. We thanked him for the tour and head back to our room to get ready for check out.


What a wonderful time that me and mum had spent at Fullerton hotel. Though it was only for such a short period of 2 days, my mum and I had many fond memories of our stay. We look forward to come back here again. 

I hoped that you have enjoyed my sharing and have a better insight about Fullerton Hotel.

If you have any inquiries, do let me know or send me an email at wantingsg@gmail.com.
I will try my best to answer. Thank you

See you next time 😉!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life of an international student in Sendai 仙台での留学生生活

Moving to Japan Timeline

Dad's Home Coming