My Covid19 Journey


Dear Readers,

Thank you for tuning in and reading my new blog. 

2022 have just entered into the second month and CNY has just ended. 

I was tested positive for my ART on the 17th. 

Initially, I was on MC for cough, runny nose from the 14th till 16th. I was down with fever on Tuesday. I swabbed myself on the 17th before going to work and was positive. I felt disappointed that why was it me? 😢 Before me, 4 colleagues was also tested positive. 

Nonetheless, I calmed myself down and informed my principal. After informing her, I told mum that I will be going to the clinic to see the doctor again for confirmation. I was asked to go back for the swab at 10.30am. 

Soon after, I went home and isolated myself in the master bedroom as per Protocol 2 of the home based recovery program. I was only allowed to exit my room for meals. 

I received text messages from MOH to fill up forms about my home recovery and other health details. I also called in to request for change of isolation location as the master bedroom was stuffy and inconvenient. 

Even though the waiting list was long , the staff from MOH called and informed me that they have found an alternative location for my isolation. I told me to start packing items for 4 days and the driver will contact me in around 3 to 5 hours time.

 I started to pack my stuff into the luggage and backpack. At around 4 plus, the driver called me and said that she will be sending me to the new location at around 6 plus. Mum cooked a simple dinner and drink before I checked out. 

At 6pm, the driver called that she has arrived and I went to the parking area at Blk 573. I boarded the mini bus and the driver told me that I will be going to Sentosa Festive Hotel for my Isolation.

   
At around 6.45, I arrived at Festive Hotel. After checking into the Safe entry, I proceed to the counter for my luggage tmr to be checked. There was also a briefing session before going up to our rooms. An ART test kit with 2 sets in the box was given too. It is for ART on  Day 4 and Day 7. After briefing, I went up to my room (Rm778) and I can only exit when collecting meals and throwing of rubbish.


I went up to level 7 and walked to Rm 778, I tapped my card and entered my room. The view from the room was wonderful. I prayed to God that I will be able to have a good time in this place. 

After unpacking my luggage and backpack, I called mum and texted my principal. Initially I thought that I will have a roommate in the days to come, but there was none. Shortly after, dinner arrived and I don't have much appetite. I showered, took my medicine and rested for the day.


For the rest of the days, I woke up at 6.30am , watched the rising sun, listen to devotional via YouTube, exercising, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, watching NHK news and programs, watercolor painting, writing diary, posting FB story, chatting with friends and family members via WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram or Facebook.






 

 

I was disappointed with the catered food as there was no vegetables. In the end, I decided to order grab delivery for Subway Veggie Delite to add some greens for my lunch. 

 

 

 

 On Day 4, I swabbed myself and my ART is still positive. I was still upset but my friends comforted me by delivering food to me. Food such as Yoshinoya beef bowl with vegetables, Ji Jia Yong Tow Foo, Paik's Bibimbap. I am grateful to Mabel's, Kelly's and Mandy's care and concern during this period. 

 


As my clothes were not enough, I decided to send my clothes for laundry and I made a mistake for placing the laundry bag on the floor instead of on the chair. The staff mistaken it to be rubbish and it was been thrown away. The staff helped me to search everywhere but to no avail. I calmed myself down and come to terms. The staff also spent time to chat with me and look after my emotional well-being. In order to thank him, I wrote a letter and made an origami flower and pasted on the letter.

 

 

 

Day 7 finally arrived, I swabbed myself and my ART is negative. Yeah!!! I can go home already. I shared my good news and started to pack my bags and get ready for home. After washing up and done with breakfast, I called the front office and the staff told me that I can be checked out after 12pm. After lunch, I cleared everything in the room and have a final look before exiting.

 


 

 After checking out of Sentosa, I did a Facebook Live to thank everyone for their cares and concern over these couple of days. In these 7 days of isolation, I have 3 takeaways and they are:

Firstly, be attentive when listening to instructions. 

Secondly, stay cheerful. it is not the end of the world. 

Thirdly, stay cool.

That's the end of my sharing. I am also currently in the making of a recollection of photos and details of this journey. Till we catch up again. Stay safe and stay healthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life of an international student in Sendai 仙台での留学生生活

Moving to Japan Timeline

Dad's Home Coming