Journey to Japan Holiday (Pre Departure Preparation)

Hi everyone,
Thank you for waiting.
In this blog I just wanted to share about my visa application as mentioned earlier. 
After I have collected my new passport, I booked my flight with Japan Airlines. After booking, I contacted Wanping from Tokudaw Inc and she helped me to apply for the visa through MOFA website in Japan. The documents that I emailed to her were my passport, flight and accommodation details.

Within a couple of days, she emailed me the visa that she received from Japan MOFA. She also gave me a list of things that I need to do when I am applying in Singapore. Please refer to the list stated below:
1) Go to Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs website
2) Book an appointment to submit documents at the Japan Embassy in Singapore
3) Prepare documents:
I) Travel itinerary and cover page  or Schedule of Stay
II) Written Pledge 
III) Visa application form
IV) Tour conductor certificate
V) ERFS Certificate 
VI) Passport size photograph
VII) Identity Card 
VIII) Certificate of Employment (stating salary, position and date joined) 
IX) IRAS assessment document indicating total yearly income
X) Flight booking 

After compiling the above documents, I submitted them at the Japan Embassy of Singapore. It took around five working days for them to process.
In the meantime, I start to pack my luggages.
 
Below picture show the carry on bag that I will be bringing.
The carry on bag is Targus  Seoul Backpack, 15.6L.

The items inside are:
1) Raincoat
2) Umbrella
3) Biscuits and snacks
4) Holiday Itinenary
5) Watercolor paper
6) Colouring book
7) Travelogue
8) Watercolor paint
9) Camera
10) Stationery
11) Electronic Pouch
12) Cosmetic liquids
13) Passport
 
 
 
 
This is my first check in bag. 
It is Slazenger Nylon Trolley Soft Case SZ1121 (Soft case)
The items are:
1) Day clothes
2) Dresses
3) Toiletries
4) Night clothes
5) Wallets
6) Clothes hanger and pegs
7) Hair accessories
8) Laundry bag

 
 
 
This is my second check in luggage.
It is Slazenger SZ-2536 25inch Luggage (Maroon) (Hardcase).
The items are:
1) Yukata set
2) Footwear
3) Thank you
4) Presents
5) Travel adapter
6) Lint roller
7) Medicated wipes
8) Duffle bags
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
About 2 weeks ago, I went back to the embassy and collected my visa. I am glad that my application has been approved and a step nearer to my trip. 
 
Finally, I completed my hotel bookings for the cities that I am visiting.
Below is the list of hotels that I will be staying at:
Fukuoka (9th to 13th): LYF Tenjin Fukuoka
Osaka (13th to 16th): APA Villa Hotel Yodoyabashi
Kyoto (16th to 18th): Natural Hot Spring Dormy Inn Premium Kyoto Ekimae
Nagoya (18th to 23rd): APA Hotel Nagoya-Nishiki Excellent 
Sendai (23rd to 26th): Pastors House
Yokohama (26th to 29th): Mystays Yokohama.

Apart from hotel bookings, medical travel insurance is also compulsory for entry into Japan. 
I have chosen NTUC Income as the plan includes pre departure PCR test in Raffles Medical Clinics at a discounted price. After purchasing the insurance plan, I have also booked the pre departure PCR test at 
Serangoon Nex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life of an international student in Sendai 仙台での留学生生活

Moving to Japan Timeline

Dad's Home Coming