My Japan Holiday 2022 (Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Tenjin) (10th to 13th Aug) (Wed to Sat)


Day 2 (10th Aug) (Wed)

It was a bright and sunny day.

I woke up at 6am for my morning devotion and showers. I head to the kitchen to cook for my breakfast. I ate my breakfast at 7.50am. After breakfast, I dressed up and set off to Tenjin Subway station and travelled to Imajuku station at 9.45am. I arrived at Imajuku Station at 10.12am and walked around the neighborhood while waiting for Eric and Yumiko. 

Eric and Yumiko arrived at 11am and they brought me to a fish restaurant for lunch. After lunch, we drove passed Kyushu University before heading back to their house for afternoon tea and English Phonics class for 3 Children.

 

During English Phonics Class, 3 children aged 7 and 8 asked me what was my favourite fruit and animal. I spoke to them in English and told them that I like apple and giraffe. 2 of them took a while to warm up but gradually open themselves up towards the end of the class. 

After class, Yumiko and I went out for a walk around the neighborhood and Eric cooked dinner. During the walk, Yumiko asked me how do I find the class. I told her that I can see that she has a good relationship with the children and the family and I also asked her whether does she have any make up lessons of parents asked for it and she replied that there isn't as she is the only person managing the class.

By the came back, dinner was almost ready. We had cold Somen noodles with fish and vegetables for dinner. Eric and Yumiko shared about their experiences in Singapore and we shared about each others concerns too

After a while of sharing and discussion, the night approaches and it is time to head back to Tenjin. We prayed for one another and Eric sent me off to the station at 8.30pm. On the way back to Tenjin, I was reflecting on my prayer that I have prayed in the morning. This was my prayer:

"Father God,
Thank you for bringing me once again to Japan. As I walk around this country, grant me Your spiritual eyes to see and feel for the people of this land. In Jesus name, amen. "

"What is my takeaway from this meetup?" I asked myself.

My answers were:

1) Everyone is different in sharing salvation to others

2) Everyone's character are not the same

3) Be more understanding to one another

On my way back to Tenjin, I texted Yumiko and thank her for the hospitality for that day. That marks Day 2 of my trip.

 Day 3 (11th) (Thurs)

I woke up as per usual and I texted Yumiko that I wanted to visit her to observe her class for the 4 year olds. She replied that the cases are increasing and advised me to stay at Tenjin and be ready for my next day trip to Nagasaki. I obeyed her advice and it was a wonderful shopping day for me at Tenjin. I purchased the tickets for Huis Ten Bosch and had Motsu Nabe for dinner. I went to bed early.

Day 4 (12th) (Fri)

I woke up at 5am and looking forward for my getaway at Huis Ten Bosch. Yippee 😁.

At 7am, I was done with my breakfast and exited at 8.30am to head to Hakata station.

I arrived at 9.15am and waited for the 9.31am Limited Express to Huis Ten Bosch Station.

I arrived at 11.22am. There was slight drizzling when I arrived but the weather did not dampen my spirit. I had lunch at Choco House while waiting for the rain to stop. I also rode on the Ferris Wheel, ate crepes, walk around fields of sun flowers, visited the trick eye museum. 

After walking around for a period of time, I exited the theme park and walked back to the station at 3.20pm to board the 3.46pm train to Hakata. I arrived at Hakata Station at 5.47pm, took subway to Tenjin Station and have dinner at the underground shopping street. Dinner was Yuzu Ramen and Bubble Tea. After dinner, I walked back to my apartment and started to pack my luggage to be ready to check out on the following day. 

Day 5 (13th) (Sat)

I woke up at 5am, after shower, went to kitchen at 6am, ate breakfast at 6.40pm, checked out of the apartment at 8am. I thanked the staff for their assistance and support during my day and walked to Tenjin subway station. I arrived at Hakata station at 9.20am, bought ekiben and waited at the platform for Shinkansen at 9.43am to Shin Osaka.  

After boarding the Shinkansen, I ate the ekiben and bid Hakata farewell. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life of an international student in Sendai 仙台での留学生生活

Moving to Japan Timeline

Dad's Home Coming