My Japan Holiday 2022 (Kyoto, Arashiyama) (16th to 18th Aug) (Tues to Thurs)

 


Day 8 (16th) (Tues)

After bidding Osaka farewell, I arrived at Kyoto station at 9.45am. After exiting the station, I walked to my hotel and arrived at 10.39am. I rearranged my luggage and went out to explore the city. As I wanted to visit Kimono shops, I took Karasuma line subway to Karasuma Oike station and changed to Tozai Line to Higashiyama station.

From Higashiyama station, I walked to the kimono shop and ate matcha icecream. As the shop was closed, I went to the nearby river and used watercolor to paint. I walked to these places: Ichizawa Shinzaburo Hanpu (一澤信三郎布), Daiyasu Gion (大安 祇園店), Yojiya Makeup Shop. After much walking around, I decided to have lunch. I ate Ramen and Kakigori (Shaved Ice). 

At 2.25pm, I walked back to Higashiyama station to Karasuma Line Karasuma Oike Station and head back to hotel to check in. I arrived at the hotel at 3.07pm. I started to unpack my luggage and ate my dinner at 7.25pm. After dinner, I went to the onsen for shower and rested at 9pm.


Day 9 (17th) (Wed)

I woke up at 7am and went to the onsen for shower. I ate my breakfast at 7.30am and exited the hotel at 8am. I arrived at Kyoto Station and walked to platform 32 for Saga Arashiyama area. I boarded the train at 8.27am for Kameoka. The train arrived at 8.46am at Saga-Arashiyama Station. Initially, I wanted to take the Sagano Romantic Train and Boat Cruise but it was not available due to stormy weather. I explored the area and visited these places: Randen Arashiyama station, Kimono Forest, Tully's Coffee. By the time I exited Tully's Coffee, it was raining heavily. I quickly walked to Togetsukyo bridge and Arashiyama Bamboo Forest . I exited the Bamboo Forest and my sandals came loose. I arrived to a shop and bought a new pair of slippers. I thank the lady for her help when I visited her shop. 

I walked back to the hotel to change my shoes and went out to the Nishiki Market for lunch. I ate a beancurd croquette, rice cracker for lunch. After much walking around the area , I decided to buy dinner and head back to hotel. I ate dinner at 6.45pm and started to pack my luggage. I logged in to zoom for English Meetup Session. I exited at 10.30pm and went to the cafe for night soba and rested for the night.


Day 10 (18th) (Thurs)

I woke up at 7am and ate breakfast. When I checked out at that time, I was able to chat with a Taiwanese counter staff at the hotel for a while and we were sharing about recent travel situations. After exiting, I walked to Kyoto Station and explored the station before taking train to Nagoya. I boarded the train at 10.10am. This marks the end of my trip in Kyoto.


 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life of an international student in Sendai 仙台での留学生生活

Moving to Japan Timeline

Dad's Home Coming